West Bengal to immediately implement ‘One Nation One Ration Card’ scheme
What is One Nation one ration card?
One nation one ration card scheme in West Bengal: The One Nation one ration card (ONORC) scheme is aimed at enabling migrant workers and their family members to buy subsidized ration from any fair price shop anywhere in the country under the National Food Security Act, 2013.
How does One Nation one ration card (ONORC) work?
ONORC is based on technology that involves details of beneficiaries’ ration cards, Aadhaar numbers, and electronic Points of Sale (ePoS). The system identifies a beneficiary through biometric authentication on ePoS devices at fair price shops.
How many people will it benefit (ONORC) ?
The Center said on Saturday that work on ration card probability has started in West Bengal and Delhi. This time, One Nation One Ration Card 8 will be launched in about 34 states and union territories About 75 crore people will get the benefit.
This service has also started in West Bengal in August As a result, the One Nation One Ration Card has been launched in 34 states and Union Territories, which will directly benefit 84.9 crore people. According to the Union Ministry of Food, the Delhi NCR has launched the One Nation One Ration Card from July 2021.
As a result, about 69 crore people in 33 states will directly benefit Assam and Chhattisgarh will also be connected to ONORC in the next few months. At present, the State and Union Territories together transact through about 22 million portability transactions. The average monthly account is being updated frequently In August, 4 crore people transacted through portability The highest number of transactions was in Bihar (10.14 crore people joined) This was followed by Andhra Pradesh (6.92 crores), Rajasthan (4.56 crore), Telangana, Uttar Pradesh, Kerala, Karnataka, Maharashtra, Haryana, and Madhya Pradesh.
Read More : durga puja 2021 in west bengal | ৩০০ কোটির পুজো দেখাবে দক্ষিণ কলকাতা
Benefits of One Nation One Ration Card Yojana 2021
- After the nationwide inclusion of the scheme the duplicate and forge ration cards will be easily wiped out.
- It enables people to purchase ration from any store across the nation.
- The main benefits of the scheme will be avail by the labor who are migrated to other places in search of better wages or employment.
One Nation One Ration Card Scheme West Bengal- Key Information
|Name of the program/scheme||One Nation One Ration Card (ONORC)|
|Total states/UT implementing the schemes currently||32|
|Purpose||Nation-wise portability of ration cardholders|
|Announced By||Ram Vilas Paswan|
|Date of inauguration||August 2019|
|ONORC Country-wide implementation from||1st June 2020|
|To be implemented throughout the country by||31st July 2021|
|Apply Online||Registration | Login|
|One Nation One Ration Card 2021||Official Website|
ORNORC Mera Ration App/ What Is Mera Ration App –
The government has launched a new ration app called ‘Mera Ration’ which will help the users to get friendly with the new ‘One Nation-One Ration Card’ system. The app to get this service is available on android phones on the Google Play Store. Ration card holders are used to getting food grains through the public distribution system known as PDS.
How to download and use Mera Ration app?
Step 1- First of all go to Google Play Store on your mobile. Search Mera Ration app in its search box. Install Mera Ration app.
Step 2- Registration in Mera Ration app – After downloading the app, you have to register your ration card in it.
Step 3- For this, first open the app. You will see the option of registration, click on it. Enter your ration card number in it and then hit the submit button.
Features of Mera Ration App
- Registration: User can register by providing the ration card number by clicking on the Submit button
- Nearby ration shops: The users, by enabling their location on the phone, can get to know about the ration shops located near them
- ONORC states: The user can also check the states having a One Nation One Ration Card facility
- My transactions: By entering the ration card number, beneficiaries can also get transaction details
- Eligibility criteria: This checks the eligibility of the cardholder using the Aadhar number or ration card number
- Aadhar Seeding: Aadhar seeding is also possible by the same method of providing Aadhar number or ration card number
- Suggestion and feedback: The beneficiary can rate and give feedback on the services provided by sharing their mobile number and card number
- Login: The login is done by the officials from the current state where you are residing with a username and password.
- Fps feedback: The licensed shop known as the fair price can also be given feedback through Fps feedback on the app with remarks
- The users will have all the benefits at their fingertips. They can check their current transactions and details of their entitlement.
One Nation One Ration Card Online Registration Process 2021 west Bengal
All Eligible Applicants who want to apply to this scheme then read all instructions carefully and follow the given below steps to apply online application form:
Procedure to Apply for One Nation One Ration Card Scheme 2021
No ration cardholder of any country is required to submit any type of application online or offline under One Country One Ration Card Scheme. The state government will share your ration card information among them and register it under the One Nation One Ration if you have a ration card for people, Card Scheme. “Yes”. You can verify your ration card with adhar card at your level, that is, you can link your ration card to an Aadhar card.
One Nation One Ration Card States Wise List
- First of all, you have to visit the official website of the Integrated Public Distribution System (IMPDS).
- After visiting the official website, the home page will open in front of you.
- On this home page you will see the list of all the states.
Required Document for One Nation One Ration Card
|Important Document to Apply Online|
Features of ONORC
Have a look at the important feature of ONORC Scheme-
- ONORC is a Central Government initiative launched by the Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution in the month of January 2020.
- Ram Vilas Paswan inaugurated it to check portability in two groups of states, i.e., Gujarat & Maharashtra and Andhra Pradesh & Telangana, and now slowly-slowly 32 states have adopted the scheme.
- It will be implemented in the whole country from 31st July 2021
- The Main of the scheme is to provide food security benefits at affordable prices to the beneficiaries without any difficulty.
- This scheme will allow ration cardholders to avail ration supplies at subsidized rates from any FPS shop which was e-Pos enabled from any part of the country.
- The One Nation One Ration Card IMPDS online portal will help to collect all the data of PDS systems across the nation on a single platform.
- As per a recent tweet from the government, Migrants will be able to buy ration from any PDS of the country by March 2021. The government also says that 69 crores people of 32 states having 86% PDS population has been covered under this scheme by Jan 2021 and by March 2021, 100% coverage will be achieved.
- To implement this scheme, POS (point of sale) mechanism will be installed at every FPS shop so that data can be easily collected by the IMPDS portal.
- Under this ‘one nation one ration card’ scheme the ration card of the beneficiary will be digitalized in order to get the benefit of the scheme without any problem.